Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a PDI Developer based in Essex for an initial 4-month contract.
Role and task description:
– A software engineer delivering ETL solution development within an Agile (Scrum) delivery framework
– The Developer will work within a Development team and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
– Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
– Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
– Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
– Pentaho DI
– ETL and data migration experience
– Experienced in data ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Load) solutions development; Knowledge of Agile methodology; knowledge of Scrum.
– Pentaho PDI / Pentaho BA
– Unix Scripting
– Data Modelling
– Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
– Awareness of Configuration Management
Mandatory business skills:
– SC Cleared or Eligible for SC Clearance
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.