Mobile DevOps Engineer
Mobile DevOps Engineer
Whitehall Resources currently require an experience DevOps Engineer to work with a key client in London
**Client will only consider candidates Via Umbrella Companies**
What you will be doing:
* DevOps Engineers in the Mobile team are passionate, self-motivated individuals, who are comfortable building custom tooling in Python, writing documentation that scales across multiple teams and can identify, design and build automated solutions to existing manual processes.
* Monitor, maintain and extend the existing in-house Mobile CI Infrastructure (Jenkins, Ansible, Vagrant, AWS) and related services
* Build and extend our custom tooling (Python) to improve developer productivity throughout the mobile teams.
* Involvement in incident management and supporting production systems
* Provide support to the development teams
* Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities
* Expanding the CI capability
* Supporting procurement of external services.
* Building tooling to support automated app releases
* Building custom tooling for our development teams
* Engaging with the development teams to identify common problems and solutions
What you must bring to the role
* Experience working with Jenkins, CircleCI, BuildKite or other CI/CD platforms.
* Good understanding of how DevOps can be applied to CI/CD and how Python can be used for IT Automation.
* Understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
* Understanding how Mobile apps are built using tools such as Gradle and Xcode build
* Understanding of Git commands
* Experience in performing root causes analysis on build and test automation logs
What you will ideally bring to the role:
* Experience working with Ansible and Vagrant
* Experience using Swift/Kotlin for producing iOS/Android applications
* Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS
* Expert knowledge of using Python for automating manual tasks
* Experience in cross-team collaboration
* Exposure to monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics or Prometheus
* Bash scripting skills
* Working knowledge of Java and the JVM (memory spaces)
* Performance testing
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.