Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Linux Engineer.
This role requires someone to use an Umbrella company.
The Senior Linux Engineer reports into the Linux Team Leader. This role holds accountability for Linux Infrastructure service projects and production support to the BPS payment gateway services Smartpay –S and Smartpay -B.
– Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents and Problems
– Adherence to standards for change control, Linux security and Linux patterns.
– Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
– Define operational procedures and documentation
– Provide on-call rota support where required
– Lead and define network delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
– Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the Linux roadmap
– Support the architect and product teams in developing the Linux roadmap.
– Identify new technologies and services to transform the Linux service offering
– Mentor the global technical team to build a high-performing technical delivery environment
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
– Work with Project Managers, Development and Service Managers to ensure project delivery meets the estate requirements.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
– Take responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements and planning to meet client needs, which the job holder helps to identify, advise and recommend technical solutions based on experience and Industry knowledge
– Demonstrate ownership skills in handling issues.
– React quickly and as necessary to live systems errors and service problems to limit downtime and resolve the problem
– Support the implementation of strategy and policy issues by involvement in change and/or advise to other technical areas and makes recommendations to improve procedures and working practices
– Improve knowledge of the systems processes and technologies, infrastructure and service development processes, both current and emerging technology
– Interface with other areas sharing technical knowledge and expertise and resolving issues as necessary
– To lead the resolution of issues on during delivery.
Risk and Control Objective:
– Risk and Control: All colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
– Expert knowledge of administration of RedHat products, especially RHEL 6 & 7 and Satellite 6
– Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
– Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
– Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
– Expert in Configuration Management with a strong background in Scripting.
– Expert skills and a desire to automate functions
– Experience of RHEL and Apache performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
– Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
– Have a strong working knowledge of infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
– Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
– RHCSE minimum – RHEL 6
– Proven experience with Automating operational processes and build processes using tools like Chef, ansible or Puppet
– Strong storage configuration skills with NFS and iSCSI. Must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troublesh
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.