Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Agile Coach for an initial 3 month contract in West Sussex.
• Embed an agile culture using techniques from a wide range or agile and lean methodologies and frameworks, but be methodology agnostic.
• Help to create an open and trust based environment, which enables a focus on delivery and facilitates continuous improvement.
• Assess the culture of a team or organisation and delivery processes in place to identify improvements and facilitate these improvements with the right type of support.
• Showcase relevant tools and techniques, such as coaching, advising, workshops and mentoring.
• Engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• Develop clear lines of escalation, in agreement with senior managers.
• Ensure any stakeholder can easily find out an accurate and current project or programme status, without disruption to delivery.
• Work effectively with other suppliers, departments and agencies.
• Apply best tools and techniques to: team roles, behaviours, structure and culture, agile ceremonies and practices, knowledge transfer and sharing, programme management, cross team coordination, and overall governance of digital service delivery.
• Ensure key metrics and requirements that support the team and delivery are well defined and maintained.
• An excellent understanding of good digital service delivery design.
• Experience of defining appropriate portfolio, programme and project structures in the context of digital services delivery.
• Broad experience of different industries, private and public, transactional digital services, redefining customer interaction and case studies of what good looks like.
• SAP iCaptivate
• Deep understanding of different agile and lean approaches and supporting context, such as behaviours, governance, process and culture across: portfolio management, programme and project team approaches.
• Evidence of embedding agile tools and techniques and be able to use the most relevant tools and techniques as needed.
• Understanding of agile product and software development in line with the GDS service design manual and the enablers required to cultivate an agile organisation.
• Understanding of agile governance for service design in line with the GDS principles.
• Demonstrable experience of creating lasting change towards agile and lean ways of working for the better in an organisation.
• Proven ability to quickly assimilate organisational strategy and operating context.
• Ability to showcase relevant tools and techniques, such as coaching, advising, workshops and mentoring.
• Ability to work in environments that are undergoing complex change, working in an iterative manner, evolving conversations and understanding how far to challenge and when.
• Excellent stakeholder management and proven ability to engage and influence all levels of seniority.
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and sharing knowledge and decision making.
• Ability to quickly win trust and influence senior leaders at the highest levels of the organisation.
• Ability to work flexibly, this is a broad brief and the successful Coach will need to be able to work in a fluid and responsive environment.
• Ability to embed rapidly and effectively into diverse project environments, at different stages of delivery and seamlessly moving between projects.
• Ability to work in environments undergoing complex change.
• Be framework agnostic, use the right tools and techniques for the situation.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.