Senior Java Developer
javaSenior Java Developer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer based in Essex for an initial 6-month contract.
The developer will work within a Java Development team and will be involved in development of new java spring boot 2 based microservices. The developer will also undertake maintenance of fix of existing microservices.
– Java development is to be carried out in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards.
– Testing of microservices is to be carried out in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
– Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
– SQL, Oracle, NT
– Advantage: Gen, PL/SQL
– Rational Toolset (inc Clear/Case)
– BEA Weblogica
– Must have strong Java knowledge & experience in J2SE 8 or 11 with at least 3 years’ experience.
– Must have proven Java knowledge & experience in Java microservices specifically, Java Spring Boot 2 (2 Year strong experience)
– Have experience of working to and in a Scrum/Kanban environment
– Experience in Jira, Confluence
– Will have worked on cloud-based solutions utilising AWS.
– Experience of developing using Java 8 or 11 + Spring Boot 2
– Experience of using code quality tools like PMD and Checkstyle
– Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
– Experience of Agile will be advantageous
– Experience in a Test-Driven Development, BDD and Pair Programming
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.