ETL/Pentaho Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 7 month contract based in Essex, but will initially be a remote position.
* Must be SC Cleared or eligible for Security Clearance *
A software engineer delivering ETL solution development within an Agile (Scrum) delivery framework.
The Developer will work within a Development team, and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
– Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
– Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
– Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
– Pentaho DI
– ETL and data migration experience
Mandatory Technical skills –
– Experienced in data ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Load) solutions development
– Knowledge of Agile methodology; knowledge of Scrum.
– Pentaho PDI / Pentaho BA
– Unix Scripting
– Data Modelling
– Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
– Awareness of Configuration Management
Business skills –
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Problem solving and creativity skills
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.