Azure Data Engineer
Azure Data Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 3 month contract.
Whilst this role is currently a remote position, a presence may be required in South Yorkshire or County Durham at a later date.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED TO FALL WITHIN IR35**
Responsible for setting up Azure data pipelines and drive the standards for development and deployment of these data pipelines.
Skills and experience required:
3-5 years strong experience working in:
– Data factory
– Data breaks
– Building data pipeline
– In-Depth knowledge of various Azure data engineering tools, specifically Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks
– Strong experience with Python programming in the context of Databricks notebooks
– Strong experience building data pipelines with Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks creating and loading JSON data into a NoSQL database like CosmosDB
– Experience with CosmosDB
– Experience in leading and mentoring junior staff
– Experience setting up CI/CD based development process for ADF and Databricks in conjunction with Git would be desirable
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.