Data Migration Developer
Data Migration Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract.
Whilst this will initially be a remote position, a presence may be required in London at a later date.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM APRIL 2021 YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY*
Software development activity across the full range of development lifecycle; requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding/development, testing, implementation and live support.
This may be within new systems development projects or enhancements and fixes to existing applications.
– Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
– Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the team in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility, including negotiation with other team members
– Problem analysis, investigation and resolution
– Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Technology, experience and skills required:
– A software engineering background with proven ability to rapidly learn and apply application development process, tools and programming/scripting languages.
– Awareness of key SE engineering concepts and governance (design, development, config management and version control, quality control, continuous integration, release/deployment, documentation, built in supportability, built in maintainability, re-use and extensibility)
– Database/storage technologies: Oracle, MySQl,, HDFS, Hbase
– Scripting/Programming languages: SQL, PLSQL, HiveQL, Java, Python, Perl, Shellscript, R, Scala, VBA
– Operating systems: Unix, Linux,, Windows
– ETL toolsets: Pentaho DI, Talend, SsL, Informatica
– Analytics and Reporting: Pentaho BA, Hive, SAS, Excel
– Supporting toolsets: Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Excel
– Platforms: Hadoop, AWS, Azure
– Data virtualisation: Denodo
– Data solutions development addressing data extraction
– Transformation and load (ETL) processing
– Data analytics and reporting requirements
– Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices and experience of delivery as a member of an Agile Scrum team utilising Scrum methodology.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.