DevOps Platform Engineer
DevOps Platform Engineer
Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced DevOps Platform Engineer to work with a key client
Who we are looking for
* BA degree in engineering related subject, or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years experience of distributed, highly available, high traffic cloud platforms.
* Production experience with implementing and running an Event Streaming capability using Kafka.
* Experience proactively supporting and maintaining high-traffic globally distributed systems and associated business services.
* Deep technical knowledge of Linux and Kubernetes systems.
* Experience in development languages (Python, Java, Go etc) and automation scripts.
* Experience working in a mature agile environment and establishing DevOps and SRE principles and able to integrate into existing teams as a senior contrib.utor.
* Highly technical full-stack competency in globally distributed highly available cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Cassandra, Prometheus, Grafana, Akamai, Kafka, API Gateways, Network policies).
* Maintaining a detailed architectural and implementation level understanding of modern cloud-native platform technologies.
* Must have good knowledge of terraform scripting
* Experience working in mature software development and system engineering environments with particular focus on automation, Infra-as-Code and automated testing.
* Able to lead the architecture, design and implementation of complex solutions but also able to engage non-technical stakeholders.
* Event streaming technologies– (Kafka) – Key technology
* Container orchestration technology – (Kubernetes) – Key technology
* API Gateway – (Akana)
* Automation and scripting (Python, Infrastructure-as-code & GitOps)
* Content Delivery Networks and Global Traffic Management design principles (Akamai preferred)
* Full stack observability solutions – (including Prometheus, Grafana)
* Networking expertise and design of cloud-based platforms – (VPNs, Service meshes, Ingress/Egress controllers)
* Collaboration and development tools (Jira, Git, Confluence, Jenkins)
* Ability to maintain and improve deep technical requirements and architecture patterns and technologies to build and run a full-stack API hosting platform based around Event Streaming technologies (Kafka).
* Working within an agile framework to build and maintain the Always-On Platform, actively engaging with other teams and stakeholders to collaboratively deliver business value and platform capabilities.
* Establish the operational excellence of a secure highly available cloud-native multi-tenanted event-based application platform for hosting APIs and UIs.
* Define and evolve governance, engagement and support models of Platform services using agile, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles.
* Enable automated and self-service capabilities on the Platform and accelerate the onboarding of microservices onto the Platform.
* Continuously improve the capabilities of the Always-On Platform for customers and end users based on feedback and analytics.
* Provide technical leadership to establish and grow the Platform and create business value in line with business goals.
* Promote and improve efficiencies in ways of working and culture across the team and become established as a senior member of the team.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.