Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Software Developer located in London for an initial 6 Month Contract.
** IR35 – OUT OF SCOPE UNTIL APRIL 2021, WHEN THE ROLE WILL BE DEEMED IN SCOPE **
The Software Engineer will work within a Development team, and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
– Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
– Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the Scrum Master in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Scrum – Master, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
– Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
– Knowledge of Waterfall methodology, Knowledge of SLC/RAE methodology, Knowledge of RUP methodology & supporting Rational toolset, OO Analysis & Design techniques
– Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
– Business Intelligence
– Warehouse Design
– Data Modelling
– Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
– Awareness of Configuration Management
– UNIX, UNIX shell scripting
– SQL, Oracle, NT
– Advantage:Gen, PL/SQL
– JAVA / J2ee, PEGA
– BEA Weblogica
– Rational Toolset (inc Clear/Case)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.