This position has been filled
Senior User Researcher
Senior User Researcher
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Senior User Researcher to work remotely for an initial 3 Month Contract.
**PLEASE NOTE – This role has been deemed as INSIDE IR35**
**This role requires ACTIVE BPSS due to Immediate start date**
– Analysis and synthesis. You can turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions. You know how to involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
– Inclusive research. You understand the diversity of users of government services. You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services.
– Research skills. You understand and have experience of a range of user research methods. You can choose appropriate methods for different stages of the product life cycle and situations. You know how to apply methods correctly.
– Society and technology. You understand the social and technological context for government services. You can help colleagues understand how digital technology is changing user behaviour, and the challenges and opportunities for government services.
– Strategic insight. You understand organisational strategy and objectives. You can align user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform policy and proposition.
– Technical understanding. You demonstrate knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services. You understand the different technical roles in a multidisciplinary team.
– User-centred and agile practices. You understand user-centred design practices and know how to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings. You can work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team
Skills needed for this role:
– Analysis and synthesis. You know about the need for careful analysis of data to produce clear findings. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
– Inclusive research. You have some awareness of the diversity of users of government services and the need to make government services usable and accessible for everyone. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
– Research skills. You have some understanding of basic user research methods. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
– Society and technology. You are aware of the social and technological context for government services. You understand the importance of understanding users’ life and work for designing and delivering effective services. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
– Strategic insight. You are aware of the need to align user research with team goals to support decision-making and action. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
– Technical understanding. You have some knowledge of the technologies and roles within a digital team. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
– User-centred and agile practices. You have some understanding of user-centred service design and delivery practices. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.