Mainframe Systems Programmer
Mainframe Systems Programmer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract.
Whilst this role will initially be a remote position, a presence may be required in South Yorkshire at a later date.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY FOR THE DURATION OF THE CONTRACT*
The role involves upgrading and supporting the z/OS operating system and ISV products, mainly from IBM and Computer Associates (CA)
The successful candidate will ideally have:
– 10years+ z/OS systems programming experience.
– Strong Parallel Sysplex skills
– Extensive experience of installing many IBM and CA products
– Experience working in a Bank or organisations with large installations
– Confidence and the ability to work independently and start contributing from day one
– Excellent problem-solving skills and be a true team player
– Excellent written and spoken communication skills
– Ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
Will need provide off hours support for the implementation of software changes, when required.
Required Technology Skills:
– Parallel Sysplex
– Installation of several different IBM and CA products
– ACF2 Security tool
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.