This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Splunk Engineer to work with a key client
**Please note client will only consider candidates via Umbrella Companies**
* Develop dashboards, report, and alerts using network feeds ensuring data quality and execution of customer’s use cases.
* Support and guide Splunk team to help them become proficient Splunk engineers.
* Undertake the solution design to help leverage the full value of Splunk-Zscaler integration and lead the on-boarding of new uses cases
* Act as the Splunk liaison for Splunk technical questions, issues or escalations.
* Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the Splunk platform and future products.
* Support large-scale deployment with data feeds from multiple on premise and cloud data centres
* Monitor and maintain Splunk performance, availability, and capacity
* Assist with any system upgrade, planning and execution
* Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards
* Track work effectively via Agile methods working as part of an Agile POD.
* Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for Splunk
* Mentor members of the technical staff to support and assist in Splunk-related activities
* Maintain regulatory awareness and compliance
* Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
* Minimum 4+ years of experience with SPLUNK with experience of use within IT Operations
* Splunk Certified Administrator, Splunk Certified Architect and/or Splunk Certified Developer
* Be a Splunk language (SPL) expert
* Extensive experience building Splunk dashboards reports and alerts
* Fully conversant with knowledge objects, data models and data normalisation to align with Common Information Model
* Experience of designing and building Splunk applications in a multi-site clustered environment
* Splunk Data onboarding experience
* Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
* Networking knowledge (understanding net-techs like Zcaler)
* Experience with CI/CD lifecycles and AGILE practices
* Excellent customer engagement skills including requirements gathering
* Good documentation skills
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.