This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Mobile Developer located in Worthing for an initial 6 Month Contract.
The Mobile Developer will be responsible for the following:
– Providing technical leadership within their team
– Consistently delivering to challenging business objectives and adhere to Service Level Agreements with commercial implications for success and failure
– Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills
– Utilising their XP knowledge; TDD, Continuous Integration
– Working predominantly using pair programming, imparting skills and knowledge in a small team
– Introducing Open Source products/ tools as appropriate to optimise the delivery timescale and quality of the software product
The following skills and experience are required:
– Minimum 5+ Years experience developing native applications for Android in Java
– A test-first development mentality using TDD and knowledge of unit and UI testing
– Demonstrable understanding of S.O.L.I.D. principles and Object Oriented patterns.
– Knowledge of Clean Architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVP etc
– Continuous Delivery with CI systems e.g. Bitrise, Jenkins etc
– Able to provide examples of clean, self documenting, readable code.
– Version Control using GIT
– Experience of Agile software delivery methods and a strong understanding of agile principles and mindset
– Excellent communication and mentoring skills, good verbal and written communication
– nterest in keeping up to date with current industry trends and changes with the ability to evaluate and propose new ideas and solutions
The following are an advantage:
– Experience in Kotlin desirable
– Experience using dependency injection libraries and knowledge of RXJava
– Good accessibility practises.
– Our App which is to give customers access to data
– App usage is growing 300% yearly
– Is a large part and focus of the our account currently
– Currently 2 teams, 10 people in each & all different skillsets. BA, Scala etc
– Need someone to come in and coach the more junior developers
– Used to following agile practices
– Work very collaboratively
– Can challenge the business but also happy to take direction
– Will advocate best practice across the team
– Needs to be an all rounder not just focussed on tech side
– Someone who has and is interested in the design/animation side if the app also.
– Senior lead person with a passion for training up more junior people
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.