This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Technical Writer
– Create new content for technologists, such as: documentation for developers on how a product works and technical guidance on how to approach common problems.
– Become familiar with existing technical content and make recommendations on how it can be improved.
– Understand the style and align content appropriately.
– Work with technical and process experts to get an in-depth understanding of relevant programmes, projects and topics.
– Collaborate with user researchers to develop a detailed knowledge of user needs.
– Run workshops and collaborate with technical and design colleagues.
– Work with content designers to ensure there’s a consistent approach to content in the user journey.
– Contribute to the technical writer community.
– Write and maintain documentation including information about APIs and security.
– Ensure that documentation meets user needs for all user profiles.
– Help to plan, and attend user research and feedback relevant information to the development team.
– At least a basic of understanding of HTML and CSS.
– Extensive experience of technical writing for the web, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable for the target audience.
– An understanding of usability and interaction design.
– Experience of needs analysis.
– Track record of creating successful documentation for technical products and exposure to API development, developer tooling, micro-services, API standards definition and cloud-based platforms.
– Ability to review functional/technical specification documentation and to convert it into easily accessible product documentation.
– Skilled/advanced user of Confluence and SharePoint.
– Detailed understanding of Systems Life Cycles, in particular the requirements and analysis phases.
– Strong communications, ability to build and maintain good Client relationships.
– Presentation skills to development areas and to client base.
This role will be Inside of IR35.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.