SAP BODS Engineer
SAP BODS Engineer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a SAP BODS Engineer.
– Data Engineers are responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, providing the foundations for data needs.
– Data Engineers are responsible for developing, constructing, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems, implementing data flows to connect operational systems, and writing and executing ETL scripts and codes.
– As a Data Engineer you are an expert in the field and role model across the Data Engineering community, helping to lead the Data Engineering community to build in quality to the data products and services, using industry best practices.
– You are a key player in the senior leadership team in the development, identification, future planning and delivery of data services the Department offers to its customers across organisations.
– You drive the build and development of our Data Engineering capability by providing technical leadership to a large multi-disciplined team and provide career development for our community.
– Provide the strategic vision for data services and products, championing self-service and modernising data delivery where possible.
– Champion technical evolution within the organisation, including finding, testing, agreeing and adopting emerging technologies.
– The protection of integrity, availability, authenticity, non- repudiation and confidentiality of information and data in storage and in transit.
– Development of innovative ways of managing the information assets of the organisation.
– Providing technical guidance and leadership for the development and safeguarding of robust data structures, including data management, data quality and MI/BI reporting.
– Providing leadership for strategic initiatives, including the development of plans for data structures, data quality, data integration and business intelligence projects and programmes.
– Building strong links across other departments to influence best practice and share insights.
– Be accountable for the effective management of risks and plans in projects.
– Leading the Data Engineering community to work collaboratively with Data Science, Data Management and Data Architecture communities.
– Must have demonstrable experience of SAP Data Services.
– Experience of leading and continuously improving multiple Data Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering large-scale, complex real-time data products within specific time-scales and working alongside multiple senior Stakeholders.
– Excellent knowledge of Data Landscapes, products and services and experience of working in a large-scale data development or production environment.
– Demonstrable understanding of end to end data delivery techniques in Business Analysis, Data Modelling, ETL techniques, Data Exploitation, Quality Assurance and MI/BI solutions.
– Extensive experience in leading multi-disciplined Data Engineering teams responsible for delivering robust, timely and accurate data products and services.
– Significant leadership and management experience in a data environment with the ability to motivate individuals to deliver user excellence using highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
This role will be Inside of IR35.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.