Whitehall Resources currently require a Scrum Master to work with a key client.
** Please note this role is working inside IR35 **
The Senior Scrum Master will manage and facilitate the agile working processes, in complex projects or engagements, with the client and supplier delivery staff to form high performing scrum teams. The Senior Scrum Master will support the team and the Product Owner/Manager and may provide coaching re agile working as appropriate. Working on complex or demanding engagements, the Senior Scrum Master will remove obstacles or blockers, to enable the Agile team to deliver via sprints. Where such obstacles cannot be resolved, the Senior Scrum Master will escalate as appropriate. The Senior Scrum Master manages dependencies on other teams and is responsible for providing progress reporting to stakeholders. The Senior Scrum Master performs an essential role within multi-disciplinary agile teams and is experienced in agile development and working in agile teams. They will hold relevant scrum master certification. e.g. Certified Scrum Master.
The Senior Scrum Master will lead the Scrum Master community across the engagement and work collaboratively with development teams, product managers, operations managers and other projects to ensure that technologies and processes are in place to work efficiently and productively.
Typical aspects of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Co-ordination and facilitation of scrum of scrum sessions across multiple delivery teams
• Assumes responsibility for programme level multi-scrum team management
• Ensures that all scrum teams are working consistently and delivering to the agile scrum methodology, implement reporting and monitoring progress.
• Monitors and manages agile maturity across the centres by implementing maturity models that drive forward continuous improvement across individual teams
• Requires strong agile, technical and leadership skills able to deal with ambiguity, many disciplines and changing priorities.
• Promotes learning, experimentation and knowledge sharing and encourages creativity. Guides and leads the teams to continuously improve their process and behaviour through regular reflection and adaptation.
• Requires strong team leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to motivate, energise people, encouraging self-management and collaborative working
• Ensure Agile techniques are adhered to by the Scrum team, acting as a mentor and coach on best practices to ensure that the team maximises the benefits that the Agile development methodology provides.
• Enable teams to create and run outstanding large-scale services using the appropriate agile project management methodology; learning and iterating frequently, and capturing Sprint metrics
• Remove impediments/blockers to the Scrum team for continuous smooth development
• Work with the Service/Product Manager to define the roadmap for your service, and work with the Scrum team and other areas of the business to translate this into actionable user stories and sprint-by-sprint plans.
• Lead the sprint planning process for each sprint, helping Scrum team members to prioritise and self-organise around the work that needs to be completed against their capabilities and capacity
• Facilitate standard sprint ceremonies for the team such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Ups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectives. Mentoring and coaching members to ensure all are focused on a common goal and working with an Agile mind-set
• Actively participate in the Scrum Master Community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and introducing best practice.
• Actively manage the agile maturity of the team
• Proven experience in delivering high quality digital projects and products.
• Proven experience using agile project management methods.
• Proven experience balancing multiple priorities on la
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.