Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer based on a remote basis for an initial 6-month contract.
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35 ***
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineers – Java, Microservices – who want to contribute to demanding and exciting digital services for the UK Government. Be part of changing the face of public services with the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
Our Engineers build and run applications as part of a multi-functional agile delivery teams. What really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
– As a Senior Software Engineer – Java, Microservices you will develop and maintain software products that make up citizen services and contribute towards their design.
– You will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you build and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
– You will work within, and contribute to, the overall Software Development Lifecycle Process as part of a multi-functional Agile delivery team focused one or more products.
– You’ll need a background in Software Engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software in a SOA or Microservices paradigm.
– You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognized frameworks and development tooling and a background of implementing programming best practices, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
– We’ll also expect you to have good knowledge of Java, Microservices architecture and relational database. And you’ll have knowledge of version control system.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
– Developing on cloud-based environments like AWS and Azure.
– Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD.
– SQL and NoSQL database applications such as Postgres, and MongoDB.
– Containerization – tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
– Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
– Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
– Deliver software products which make up services for our citizens to consume.
– Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability.
– Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department.
– Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
– Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.