SAP PI Developer
SAP PI Developer
Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced SAP PI Developer for an initial 6 month contract in West Sussex. This role is currently remote.
This role is inside IR35 and will require the use of an FCSA accredited umbrella company.
A senior PI developer who specialises in the technical areas of integrated scenarios, APIs and XML schema to support a PI dual-stack 7.5 system. The senior PI developer will be required to lead, support and deliver all SAP PI interface development objects.
– Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
– Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the Team Lead in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within area of responsibility as requested by the Team Lead, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
– Playing an active part in process improvement & awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
– Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
– Knowledge of Waterfall & Agile methodologies
– Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
– Awareness of Configuration Management
– Problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
– Strong SAP PI 7.5 dual-stack and SAP PO single stack development experience
– In-depth knowledge of PI/PO Interface scenarios, using Integration processes
– Inbound/outbound file-based interfaces and APIs using Advance Adapter
– Very good working experience of SOAP, File (NFS, FTP), XI and HTTP Adapters
– Working knowledge in w3c standards for XML, SOAP, XSD, and XSLT is mandatory
– Experience in JSON / REST and API interfaces
– Exposure to cloud platform integration and cloud development solutions
– Expert in developing user-defined Java functions, ABAP proxies, IDOCs, and RFC interfaces
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.