Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for an initial 6 month contract in Shropshire. This role is currently remote.
This role has been deemed INSIDE IR35 and will require the use of an FCSA Accredited Umbrella company.
– Working within the Platform Operations DevOps Team to support service delivery and support services as a part of DTC Platform Operations.
– Security Clearance held or to be applied for
– Environment/Release Support
– Excellent communications skills as you will be working closely with the client, T&RS and 3rd party suppliers.
– Ensure own projects and services are fit for purpose, use and support, with mitigated risk and delivered to agreed measures.
– Capability in Technical DevOps as a part of a team, progressing any blockers with relevant parties including monitoring, alerting, virtualisation, Cloud & CI/CD and housekeeping.
– Learning and Development with appreciation of new platform technologies and when they may be appropriate to recommend.
– MS Office
– Atlassian Tools (in specific JIRA and Confluence)
– Platform Engineering Background
– AWS/Azure Certified
– Terraform or Ansible (ideally both), Unix/Linux
– Packer, Docker/Kubernetes, Jenkins, non-functional tooling e.g. ELK/Prometheus/Grafana
– Ability to remain calm under pressure
– Agile methods
– Excellent communication and engagement skills
– Problem Management
– Work as part of a team and also as an individual allocated to a project progressing any blockers with the relevant department
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.