Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Data Architect.
– Be responsible for the definition and management of enterprise information assets.
– Work with senior management and data custodians to establish our data vision, and to create a culture that treats data as a cross-corporate asset.
– Be a key stake holder and contributor to data architecture initiatives at group, sector and business unit level.
– Lead the development, publication and maintenance of the corporate information architecture, as well as a road map for its future development that matches and supports business needs.
– Identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
– Identify and standardize the use and governance of information in support of the overall business strategy.
– Be the leader of the data models that support the provision of insights that help drive strategic and tactical business opportunity, and be a champion for a data-driven, decision-making culture.
– Establish the role of the business data stewards in each major business unit.
– Support the establishment of controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage corporate risk.
– Organize and lead a data governance council (DGC) to apply four precepts: data principles, standards, policies and guidelines.
– Own and maintain Data & Analytics maturity assessment process that allows the evolution of our capability to be tracked.
– Define and manage policies and programs for data stewardship and custodianship in concert with legal, information security, and corporate risk and compliance offices.
– Support the definition of master data and metadata management policies, controls, and standards, including reference data.
– Monitor master data and reference data for compliance to policy, standards and conceptual models and to maintain data effectiveness.
– Be a marketing champion for the information services that the enterprise provides and the information management capabilities it has.
– Ensure that appropriate audit controls exist for data that serves as the source material for regulatory reports.
– Work closely with the Enterprise Architect team to better incorporate data components into our design and build processes.
– Actively monitor the data management industry for emerging management tools, skills, techniques and technologies, and document cases where applicable for their timely introduction for competitive advantage.
– Research and develop new data products or services to expand capability, and to grow company revenue.
– Preferably five or more years of experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises.
– Experience in establishing the data architecture role within an engineering/project focused company.
– Experience in integrating complex. cross-corporate processes and data models, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
– Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
– Experience in strategic data architecture planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance
– Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Familiarity with business information generation and analysis methods.
– Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
– Experience to develop a framework for information management, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders and business concepts to techn
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.