This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources require a Java Developer to work with a key client based in Essex, working remotely for now.
**Please note that this role has been deemed as inside IR35**
Role and task description:
The Developer is responsible for the design, documentation, code and testing of complex program components, scripts or package configuration in line with agreed specifications; responsible for delivering complex components, including correction and iteration to agreed standards and process to meet or exceed client expectation. The Developer will work proactively and collaboratively with team members, particularly when working within scrum teams using agile working methodologies, and during requirements, specification and coding review sessions. They will also provide third-line support to live application support team to enable fast and efficient Problem resolution. Provides support to test and platform teams to ensure the successful delivery of complex solutions.
The Developer provides hands-on technical expertise and takes responsibility for delivering robust and resilient solutions built using proven software development techniques. They provide leadership and direction for the development activities, delivered with sufficient quality to underpin outstanding new solutions for users. The Developer will make important technical decisions during the development phases and drive selection of the team’s development approach. The Developer will work closely with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, Service Managers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters and the development team throughout the duration of development.
Typical Aspects of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
* Analyses business requirements, business processes, and technical architectures. Designs and uses them as the basis for the Software Engineering solution.
* Defines and analyses Software Engineering methods and advises on best fit solutions and techniques.
* Develops and applies expertise in Software Engineering Tools, Software Engineering Environment configuration and management, and Software Engineering Data Management.
* Keeps up to date with trends, roadmaps and developments in all areas of Software Engineering.
* Contributes to/develops good practice in Software Engineering techniques.
* Applies productivity improvement techniques within the Software Architecture strategy.
* Develops expertise in verification and validation at all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
* Work with Senior Service Manager, Product Owner/Manager and Solution Architects to build, deploy and support solutions that meet well-defined user needs.
* Identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, collaborating with team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
* Digital technologies e.g. Scala, Play Framework, mongoDB, Java, JSON, XML, Microservices, Docker, Puppet, IntelliJ, IDE, Sbt, CSS
* Java Development, Weblogic, Webmethods, Java Scripting, J2SE, J2EE, Spring, EJB, HTML, HTML5, Unix, Eclipse, SOAP, XML, REST, JBOSS, Apache, Tomact, SQL, Hibernate, JUnit, Selenium (Automation), GiT
* Open Source technology
* Digital technologies
* Adobe Forms Development
* Good written and verbal communication skills, Problem solving and creativity skills, Honesty and Integrity, Eagerness to learn, Drive and energy, Professional appearance
* Agile methodology
* Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems
* Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
* Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
* Self-starter with demonstrable career progression through personal initiative
* Passionate and energetic: ambitious, committed, drives immediacy and urgency
* Strong people skills: communication, negotiation, listening
* Demonstrable abi
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.