Non Functional Test Manager
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Non Functional Test Manager located in North West England for an initial 6 Month Contract.
Experienced Non-Functional Test Manager to manage the delivery of non-functional testing, including but not exclusively OAT, Performance Testing. They will be working as part of the existing Non-functional testing service team. The team delivers testing services based upon the requirements of the client’s portfolio. This role is required as there is a large programme of work establishing the platforms and moving 120+ applications from Capgemini Datacentres onto a target Cloud, proven experience of testing in the cloud is required. This role requires technical know-how of different platforms and understanding of infrastructure and how platforms are built and integrate, both in on premise and within a cloud, see technologies below.
BPSS clearance is mandatory.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
– Take responsibility for the management of the testing activities within a project or programme.
– Produce Estimates, ROM and Firm when required.
– Liaise with various key project personnel to get an adequate understanding about the project scope and testing requirements.
– Develop and document the Test Strategy for a programme or large project when required.
– Develop and document Master Test Plans and stage Test Plans that are appropriate for an individual project/change.
– Manage all risks associated with the testing and take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
– Manage Resources to deliver the scope of work defined in the test deliverables.
– Manage the defects raised during testing.
– Liaise with various technical SMEs & Project Technical Architect/s to review the test results where appropriate.
– Provide regular progress reporting to the Test Service Manager/Programme Test Manager and Project Manager.
– Work with the Test and Integration team, Project Manager/s, Application Support team, client stakeholders, third-parties and with other project stream leaders across the project lifecycle.
– Produce the Test Completion Report for each test stage.
– Support the Test Service Manager/Programme Test Manager to manage the testing repository on sharepoint/teamrooms containing electronic copies of various test deliverables viz. Test Plans, Defect Log, progress reports, etc.
– ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certificate in Testing
– Ability to define non-functional test scope & identify create non-functional test cases
– Strong client facing skills, with the ability to understand their key drivers
– Understanding of and ability to effectively use Microfocus ALM tool to maintain testing artefacts, and to report on testing progress. ALM is being replaced with Azure Dev Ops in the next 6 months, experience in this tool for testing matters would be beneficial.
– Self-starter and flexible team player with good leadership & interpersonal skills
– Demonstrates attention to detail & can work on own initiative and
– Excellent communicator at all levels with strong negotiation and conflict management skills, with the ability to influence others.
– Excellent analytical problem solving skills involving process improvement recommendations.
– Proven experience of the delivery of Testing in the Cloud, ideally within both Azure and AWS Clouds.
– Proven experience in testing, assessing requirements with a good understanding of test techniques, metrics and some statistical analysis, different test lifecycles and the infrastructure required to support test execution.
– Proven experience of a significant number of the following technologies (on-premise and cloud as applicable):
– Azure Cloud
– AWS Cloud
– Apache/Weblogic/Oracle DB (n-tier apps)
– Apache/Tomcat/Oracle DB (n-tier apps)
– HP-UX Platform
– SUSE Linux Platform
– VB / MS Access / MS FoxPro
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.