This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a BI Architect based in London for an initial 6-month contract.
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS OUTSIDE IR35 ***
Our client is looking for someone to design the end-to-end architecture of Data and Analytics solutions to meet customer and operational requirements in alignment to the clients’ commercial objectives and Data and Analytics technology strategy and roadmap over a three-year timeframe.
The architecture of solutions needs to ensure that data is able to be provided to the required level of quality, latency and detail in order meet the customers’ needs whilst meeting the clients’ commitments to data protection and security.
– Accountable for the creation and development of architecture strategy and methodology to enable repeatable and standardised business intelligence and data warehousing architecture for a range of Data and Analytics products and services over a 1-to-3-year time frame.
– Leading on the proof of concept of new architecture solutions to establish effectiveness of requirements and ability to deliver quickly in order to keep improving on the speed at which data can be converted to insight and influence business decisions.
– Creation of appropriate solutions and processes to govern architecture change so as to ensure that change is applied consistently and to an agreed quality reducing the risk of changes being made to the detriment of quality or security.
– Accountable for the creation and maintenance of medium to long term (1-3 years) solution strategy and road maps for D&A system which will ensure that the solution can evolve in line with the D&A Strategy taking advantage of improvements in technology and changes in interfacing systems to continue to deliver the required business capabilities
– Accountable for recommendation of technological investments across the Data and Analytics portfolio based on roadmaps and agreed strategy
– Accountable for quality assurance of all team outputs, establishing people standards and developing capability within the team to meet the standards through training and knowledge sharing.
– Analyse the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend/influence best practice solutions to Data and Analytics, where required, for improvement.
– Promote architecture work to Internal customers, external partner organisations and key stakeholders and be an authoritative point of contact.
– Full and detailed working knowledge of data warehousing methodologies, data modelling and dealing with big data and the approaches
– Strong knowledge of star schema structure & design, detailed understanding and experience of the application of Kimball & Inmon data warehouse design
– Detailed knowledge of all components of Data Warehousing development inc. ETL, Testing and reporting front end solutions
– Industry knowledge of Business Intelligence / Warehousing trends particularly those within public transport operations and smart cards
– Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques
– Expert solution architecture skills in architecting business intelligence solutions across software, infrastructure and networks, including cloud.
– Proven ability to take a loose set of requirements and build a high-level architecture.
– Ability to refine the architecture as more information is discovered, decisions identified, and choices are made.
– Proven ability to analyse complex systems, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce architecture roadmaps.
– Ensure mapping and traceability between Business and technical requirement and sub system and interface specifications.
– Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people within the delivery team including project managers, business analysis, developers
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.