Data Visualisation Engineer
Data Visualisation Engineer
Data Visualisation Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for an exciting new permanent position with our client based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Data visualisation and analytics is about presenting large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable or easy to interpret and spot patterns, trends and correlations. These representations include charts, graphs, and dashboards. Data visualisation analysts use visualisation tools and software to communicate information in these ways, for clients or for their own company.
– 7-9 years of experience in data visualization and analytics role
– Experience with at least two BI technology (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy, etc.) is a must
– Deep understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
– Excellent background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
– Industry experience is a must, preferably with more than one business domain
– Excellent command of SQL language using multiple backend database engines such as SQL Server, ORACLE, DB2, etc.
– Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
– Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
– Experience in working with geospatial, textual, and semi-structured data
– Certified in relevant field such as “DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI” or “Tableau Desktop Specialist” is a must
– Experience in Infographics is a plus
– Experience in generating visualization using Python libraries is a plus
– BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
– Fluent in English & Arabic is preferred
– Translate business needs to technical specifications
– Design, build, and maintain charts, dashboards, and KPIs
– Story-telling using data visualization
– Communicate with data warehousing and BI storage tools (e.g. OLAP cubes) to get the data for the visualizations
– Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
– Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
– Develop and execute SQL database queries and conduct analyses
– Work on data on the fly and at rest
– Work with different data format; structured, semi-structured, and geospatial
– Data cleansing and normalization when needed
– Integrate data from multiple heterogeneous data sources in one dashboard
– Create eye popping visualizations, good for presentation on video walls and command centers
– Perform descriptive, diagnostic, and predictive analysis on the data
– DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
– Tableau Desktop Specialist
Start Date is Immediate/ASAP!
Whitehall Resources are leading ERP Recruitment specialist in the provision of SAP, Oracle & IT recruitment in the UK and Internationally.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.