Big Data/DWH Engineer
Big Data/DWH Engineer
Big Data/DWH Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for an exciting new permanent position with our client based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
– 6-9 years experience in data warehousing and big data projects.
– Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
– Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines
– Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
– Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
– A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
– Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
– Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
– Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
– Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting
– Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
– Languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
– Fluent in English & Arabic is preferred
– Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
– Support big data and data warehousing architects in the design of data warehouses, data lakes, abd data hubs
– Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
– Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
– Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
– Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
– Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
– Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions.
– Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
– Insure data availability and accessibility by the right parties
– Guarantee data pipelines adhere to data governance practices
– Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Spark and Hadoop Developer
– Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Engineer
– Google Professional Data Engineer
– IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data
Start Date is Immediate/ASAP!
Whitehall Resources are leading ERP Recruitment specialist in the provision of SAP, Oracle & IT recruitment in the UK and Internationally.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.