**This role has been deemed as INSIDE of IR35**
An overview of the role
As a Cloud Architect you will work with a range of clients, supporting them in adopting or advancing their use of public cloud services. We are looking for Cloud Architects, to join our Cloud Infrastructure Services Business unit, who have real-world experience that goes beyond IaaS (PaaS, SaaS, Microservices, Containers, Serverless) and demonstrable Cloud Engineering knowledge.
No two projects are ever the same, within the Cloud Infrastructure Services Business Unit we support all business sectors. As a Cloud Architect you will be expected to have knowledge, confidence and capability to assist our clients in realising their public Cloud strategy. This would include:
• Cloud Business Case – taking ownership for the development of Cloud adoption business cases, ranging from an ‘all-in’ public Cloud migration to a Kubernetes on public Cloud cost comparison exercise, either way you will have the skills and experience in evaluating all the relevant cost levers in a business case
• Cloud Migration – from assessment to execution, as the Cloud Architect you would be responsible for what to migration, where to migration it too and how to migrate it. You would lead a team of architects and engineers to deliver.
• Cloud Optimisation – continual assessment of our client’s IT landscape, scoping and proposing recommendations to optimise their business, improve quality or reduce their IT costs. Having the ability to lead agile delivery teams through the process of implementing Cloud optimisations.
• Cloud Architecture & Engineering – as a Cloud architect, you will have the experience and ability to lead on projects involving public Cloud, this could be deployment of a data-lake platform or an IoT platform, taking responsibility for all non-functional aspects and work with data scientists and IoT architects (for example) on delivering the functional requirements.
We are looking for Cloud Architects who have project delivery experience in Microsoft Azure.
• You will have been responsible for architecting, designing and delivering whole or part of a significant Azure public Cloud project. Such projects will include exploiting PaaS and SaaS services, engineering modern application hosting platforms (OCP, K8S, AKS) and Agile delivery.
• You will need to be able to demonstrate to us that you understand Cloud Platform Services (IaaS, SaaS and PaaS), Cloud Architectures and Cloud Engineering across Azure.
• You will have worked in complex project environments, demonstrating your ability to manage stakeholders, influence clients and deal with conflict.
• You will be able to showcase your experience in Cloud Architecture and Engineering, that demonstrates knowledge of Azure Well Architected Framework and Cloud Automation/Orchestration tools – within an enterprise context.
• You will understand, and ideally demonstrate, Azure networking beyond VPN integration, with experience of Express Route and enterprise connectivity solutions.
• You will need to show us that you are a motivated professional, that you are abreast of public Cloud technologies and how they can drive value for client; ideally you will have the relevant vendor certification(s).
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.