Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Network Architect.
This role will be Inside of IR35, so you would be required to use a FCSA Accredited Umbrella Company.
– The candidate should have considerable experience including network design, implementation, operations, support and project/change management within a service oriented and controlled infrastructure.
– A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
– Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI) / F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM) / Bluecoat / Fortigate / Checkpoint, Azure, Amazon and Google Cloud plus other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
– A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential.
– Design technical solutions covering product selection for the key components of the network technology stack, including cloud services & connectivity, network hardware/software, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and sizing.
– Provide ideas and innovation and maintain a view of emerging technologies that could enhance the service offering for network propositions.
– Provide the overall network technical strategy and leadership for a client, project or bid.
– Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
– Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion.
– Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
– Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
– Experience with any of the latest generation of networking technologies is highly desirable.
– Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
– Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
– Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
– VMware NSX and other NFV products.
– Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA.
– Additional experience with load balancers, hardware proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
– Proven experience of designing complex network technical solutions using third parties as required in multi tenanted/shared environments.
– Proven experience of designing and implementing complex Data Centre LAN environments.
– Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Public Cloud connectivity/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors.
– Experience of network consolidation, and associated capacity planning to provide increased availability and flexibility.
– Experience of tooling for systems management.
– Practical working knowledge of network protocols and standards.
– Practical working knowledge of Telco/network provider service offers.
– Practical working knowledge of network security.
– Ability to cost and estimate projects with limited information and ensuring assumptions, risks and issues have been captured.
– Ability to review network projects and proposals making recommendations.
– Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written.
– Manages own time, ability to work to deadlines and dr
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.