Senior Content Designer
Senior Content Designer
Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Senior Content Designer for an initial 6 month remote contract
You will be required to use an FCSA Accredited Umbrella company if successful in this role.
A senior content designer is an experienced practitioner who can take a high-level view of how a users content journey maps to business processes. They develop content strategy and solutions for complex services and other products working with digital and non-digital content. A senior content designer maps and writes user stories and is responsible for content quality, including reviewing the work of others. They mentor content designers and may also manage small teams. They lead on cross-government content projects and engage with the wider government content community. Putting users needs at the heart of their work, a senior content designer makes peoples interactions with the government as simple and speedy as possible.
1. Lead on the creation of content across digital and non-digital channels that meets user needs and business objectives. Create clear, joined-up user journeys.
2. Evaluate current content strategies based on the results of user research and data. Iteratively improve existing content.
3. Help to set and implement style and other standards to create high-quality content.
4. Take part in user research and work effectively with multidisciplinary teams including interaction designers and developers to create clear and relevant content.
5. Build relationships and work closely with policy, legal and other expert colleagues to make sure content is accurate and consistent.
6. Promote user-centred content design within the department and beyond. Be a source of advice on the best content design tools and methods.
7. Take responsibility for creating and keeping up a positive and collaborative working environment.
8. Help to build a content design community within the department and across the government – for example, by representing end client Digital at events.
9. Contribute to building an inclusive digital culture within the department.
10. Be able to manage junior members of the team and support hiring activities for the product design practice.
11. Support discussions at a senior departmental level.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.