Whitehall Resources are currently recruiting for a Java Developer for a 12 month contract based in Glasgow, Scotland.
– Responsible for end-to-end development of features for a large retail customer from Design, Development, to Implementation and Run.
– Build and maintain reusable, reliable and efficient Java code; ensuring best performance, responsiveness and standards.
– Identify bottlenecks, devise solutions for bugs, helping in maintaining code quality and supervising other software developers.
– Coordinate with multiple teams for software SDLC process in Retail industry.
– Strong experience in design, development and implementation of Java web applications in Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud & Spring Integration)
– Experience in SDLC that includes Requirements Analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, , maintenance in large organisation in Agile development, using Scrum or Kanban methodologies
– Good command on service patterns and protocols covering Web Services, API, REST
– Expertise in building cloud scale distributed systems
– Good understanding of OOP, design patterns and industry best practices
– Strong experience in debugging, troubleshooting skills and verbal communication
– Exposure to developing applications using FIX (Financial Information eXchange) protocol
– Experience in design and development of applications in Kafka – interface integration with multiple sources, transformation and aggregations would be advantageous.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.