Security Risk Specialist
Security Risk Specialist
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Security Risk Specialist
This role will be Inside of IR35, so you would be required to use an Umbrella Company.
– The role of the Security Specialist is to provide engagement level expertise, advice and guidance to stakeholders.
– Typical activities will include governance over engagement risk assessment activities and supporting the identification of business impacts and security requirements.
– The Security Specialist will provide advice and guidance on compliance with policy, standards and best practice.
– Provide technical advice and guidance on compliance with formal assurance requirements and best practise.
– They will convert identified risks & vulnerabilities into security requirements, and security requirements into solutions.
– They will provide advise on risk mitigation strategies, scoping of vulnerability assessments & interpretation of results to ensure a security “strategic fit” of the solution.
– The Security Specialist is accountable for the identification of appropriate countermeasures to address identified deficiencies and for delivering advice and design solutions with reference to policy and good practise.
– They are responsible for defining, implementing and communicating all project security objectives within assigned projects to key stakeholders, from Discovery through to the delivery of a solution.
– Typical aspects of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Advice & design services for stakeholders.
* Security content of Project technical documentation.
* Security content of Proposal documentation.
* Vulnerability assessment scoping and results interpretation.
* All Security Consultancy activities for assigned projects.
– Develops and communicates corporate information security policy, standards and guidelines.
– Contributes to the development of engagement strategies that address information control requirements.
– Identifies and monitors environmental and market trends and pro-actively assesses impact on business strategies, benefits and risks.
– Leads the provision of authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls in collaboration with experts in other functions e.g. legal, technical support.
– Ensures architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk and drives adoption and adherence to policy, standards and guidelines.
– Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
– Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
– Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
– Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
– Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
– Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
– Establishes engagement objectives and delegates responsibilities.
– Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
– Influences policy formation on the contribution of own specialism to business objectives. Influences a significant part of own organisation and influences customers/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
– Makes decisions which impact the work of employing orga
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.