Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced C# Developer for an initial 4 month contract in Hampshire. This role is currently remote.
You will be required to use an FCSA Accredited Umbrella company if successful in this role.
You will be contributing to clients success by writing and delivering functionality, documentation, and unit test cases as part of an agile devops team. You may need to guide other developers and non-technical business colleagues on the best way to create software that both useful to our customers, and practical to deliver.
Your role will involve
– Following existing coding guidelines, practices and all technical processes, but be ready to feedback improvements and new ideas into that process to improve our practices.
– Understanding, and explaining, how your software fits into the wider architecture of the solution.
– Develops and validates estimates for technical work that will be undertaken;
– Participates in analysis of requirements for designing new application and system features.
– Learning and integrating new technologies in a cutting edge environment.
Qualifications, knowledge and experiences:
– Bachelors or master’s degree in computer sciences or engineering is essential;
– 8+ years’ experience in a fast-paced software development environment
– Extensive experience & knowledge C# and .Net Core.
– Solid knowledge of SOA: XML Web Services, SOAP, REST including security considerations;
– Solid knowledge of object-oriented code design;
– Solid knowledge of use of relational databases from C#;
– Must be able to understand an API specification and use that knowledge to integrate that functionality into our software;
– Knowledge of MS SQL Server databases advantageous but optional;
– Experience of WPF or XAML advantageous, but optional.
– Extensive experience in working in an agile development environment;
– Demonstrate good understanding of networking concepts;
– Demonstrate the ability to apply application design concepts and design patterns;
– Advanced knowledge of version control / source code management (GIT preferred but optional);
– Ability to coordinate multiple technical streams of work to produce a complete solution;
– Ability to estimate and lead the estimation process for small initiatives;
– Ability to work well both independently or as a member of a team;
– Ability to communicate clearly in a multicultural environment.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.