Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Java Developer based in Essex for an initial 6-month contract.
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35 ***
The Developer will work within a development team and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
– Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
– Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
– Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
– Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records.
– Knowledge of Agile methodology, Knowledge of SLC/RAE methodology,
– Knowledge of RUP methodology & supporting Rational toolset, OO Analysis & Design techniques
– Essential – Java (Webservices) / PLSQL
– Business Objects
– Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
– Business Intelligence
– Warehouse Design
– Data Modelling
– Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
– Awareness of Configuration Management
– Informaticsqa, UNIX, UNIX shell scripting
– SQL, Oracle, NT
– JAVA / J2ee
– Rational Toolset (inc Clear/Case)
– BEA Weblogica
– Web Methods
– Java 8+, Json, Building Tools: Maven
– Source Code Repository: GIT
– CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Ansible
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.