This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources require a User Researcher to work with a key client, working remotely.
*Please note that this role has been deemed as inside IR35*
* 2 to 3 years (minimum) relevant experience.
* Genuine user/customer engagement experience (could be industry like market research, field research)
* Public Sector experience as user researcher is important, as would experience of taking digital services through GDS assessments
* Empathetic, human-centred design led thinker (vs. requirements/business analyses type user engagement)
* Evidence of working in multidisciplinary team and working with Product Managers, Content Designers, Interaction Designers
Analysis and synthesis.
You can turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions. You know how to involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
You understand the diversity of users of government services. You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services.
You understand and have experience of a range of user research methods. You can choose appropriate methods for different stages of the product life cycle and situations. You know how to apply methods correctly.
Society and technology.
You understand the social and technological context for government services. You can help colleagues understand how digital technology is changing user behaviour, and the challenges and opportunities for government services.
You understand organisational strategy and objectives. You can align user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform policy and proposition.
Technical understanding. You demonstrate knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services. You understand the different technical roles in a multidisciplinary team.
User-centred and agile practices.
You understand user-centred design practices and know how to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings. You can work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.