This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Interaction Designer
– As an Interaction Designer you will work across the team, owning the delivery of artefacts and supporting interaction design.
– You will work alongside researchers and developers to deliver end client services, products and tools which fulfil user needs.
– You will have a strong understanding of all the elements of interaction design and experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
– You will have a solid technical understanding and be comfortable delivering prototypes.
– Your focus will be on fulfilling user needs and understanding user journeys, using prototypes to do so.
– You will be interested in developing the design practice and will be comfortable managing small teams whilst also feeding into the larger team.
– Understand user needs and designs services, products and tools to meet them.
– Create and iterate prototypes to test and communicate ideas and help the wider team learn about user needs.
– Liaise with a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment to turn concepts into user-centred designs.
– Understand as-is interaction design and identify improvement opportunities.
– Use typography and affordance to improve user experience.
– Ensure that the design of services is consistent, both internally and externally.
– Deliver best practices around user-centred design processes, user research and experience design.
– Identify and understand constraints and able to work within them.
– Work across both digital and non-digital platforms to create the best possible user experience.
– Understand the bigger picture (high-level flows and processes) as well as the fine detail of individual parts.
– Contribute to building an open and collaborative culture within the department and the design community.
– Analyse and identify cost saving opportunities whilst implementing best practice interaction design.
– Plan and facilitate workshops to drive actionable outcomes.
– Manage stakeholder needs across different areas.
– Service Focus – Takes inputs and establishes coherent frameworks that work.
– User centred agile & design practices
– Understands and has experience of a range of user-centred practices.
– Can work with colleagues to plan and do continuous user research in a multidisciplinary team.
– Able to demonstrate a working understanding of design, technology and data principles.
– Understands the variety and complexity of users’ digital needs and how the product will meet those needs.
– Understands the importance of assisted digital. Able to design services and make decisions to meet user’s needs.
– Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
– Delivers analysis and information that addresses stakeholder needs and provides recommendations.
– Collaborates with user researchers and other user-focussed professions.
– Guides others on approaches to understand user stories.
– Identifies and engages with users / stakeholders to collate user needs evidence, and understands and defines research which fits user needs.
– Able to build and test simple interfaces, or can work on more complex integration as part of a wider team.
– Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings.
– Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience.
– Able to give tactical recommendations.
This role will be Inside of IR35, so you would be required to use a FCSA Accredited Umbrella Company.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.