QA/ Test Analyst
QA/ Test Analyst
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a QA/ Test Analyst located in Telford for an initial 6 Month Contract.
**This role has been deemed as OUTSIDE of IR35**
Candidates will be required to have a MacBook Pro
What you’ll do
– Checking and assessing requirements, including assessing testability of designs.
– Creating low-level test scripts and setting up test data in conjunction with external systems and teams.
– Running tests, collecting and recording results and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected.
– Keep the wider team including the Product Owner, up to date with the test progress including any risk based assessments undertaken and raise any issues when relevant.
– Work across and use a number of different platforms, tools and applications including but not limited to: Selenium, Gatling, Mongo, Jenkins, Play framework and Scala.
What you’ll bring
– Solid experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc)
– Good knowledge of Java or JVM languages such as Scala, Groovy etc
– Expertise with test automation tools and frameworks
– UI testing – Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser based testing framework
– API testing – web services / RESTful (using RestAssured or similar)
– Gherkin based BDD framework (such as Cucumber)
– Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving & collaborative skills
– Excellent understanding of non-functional requirements, test analysis, software engineering principles and continuous improvement methods
– Understanding scope and limitations of different test types
– Defect management and Triage process
– Understanding of the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing
– A good understanding of the following testing approaches:
– Test data creation and management strategies
– Exploratory Testing
– Automated Testing
– Load / Soak / Performance Testing
– Usability Testing
– Security Testing
– Operational Testing (Stability/Backup and Recovery/DR)
– Good working knowledge of the following:
– User story creation and elaboration
– Understanding of how physical architecture affects QA
– Continuous Delivery
– Experience in using the Atlassian product suite is preferable (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.